What is Classroom Based Learning?
It is an interactive, Trainer-led approach where the Trainer and the student meet in a classroom for a specific duration of time in a common location.
Although each individual has his/her own preferred method of learning, trainer-led classroom training is widely accepted as the best option to learn knowledge and skills. Trainer-led classroom training benefits from multidimensional learning—including presentation, demonstration and practice.
Why is Classroom Based Learning?
Classroom Based Learning has multiple benefits and may be the best fit for you. The combination of presentation, demonstration, practice and interactivity makes this learning modality one of the most robust options available for learners who want to participate in group activities, group learning and group discussions.
The Advantages of Classroom Based Learning
- Combination of visual, oral, reading, writing and kinesthetic components
- Fewer distractions allow for increased concentration on material
- Valuable insight, stories and real-world examples from our Trainers and other students
- Completion rate of Trainer-led classes is almost 5x higher than that of e-learning
- Familiarity of a traditional classroom creates a comfortable environment allowing for more focus on complex material
- We offer multiple learning modalities to make sure we meet the needs of all students. Interested in our other learning modalities?
- Through face to face communication, additional information is available such as that deduced through body language, tone, volume and modulation of voice. Altogether, face to face communication offers a greater richness of information.
- Humans frequently prefer to communicate face to face.
- In a classroom situation the trainer assesses the student’s learning and potential, provides considered feedback and adapts the way that they instruct to be best meet the needs of their students. However, the student is not entirely passive in this relationship, as they give the Trainer valuable information about how they are progressing, areas in which they are doing well and those that would benefit from further input.
- Face to face delivery allows students to share their personal experiences, thoughts and challenges in relation to the content. This can be a rich source of learning.
- Training goals can most effectively be achieved when course instruction and the relationship between Trainers and students is dynamic.
In class, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, problem-solve and network with other students from a diverse range of backgrounds while learning valuable, results-producing skills that you can apply at work and towards your nationally recognized qualification.