Certification program requirements
- Candidates for RHCE must also earn a RHCSA certification on the same Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version. Candidates may take the RHCE Exam (EX300) before the RHCSA Exam (EX200), but the RHCSA must be earned before RHCE is awarded.
- The RHCE Exam consists of 1 section lasting up to 2 hours.
- The exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how someone might perform those tasks.
- Real-world experience is valuable preparation for this hands-on exam.
- RHCEs certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later are considered current for 3 years after the date on which the certification was earned. Current status can be extended by passing additional Red Hat exams
RHCE Includes last paper RH254
- The following audiences may be interested in earning RHCE:
- RHCSAs who wish to earn a more senior-level credential.
- Experienced senior system administrators who have not yet certified.
- Course participants in Red Hat Training who have completed System Administration I, II, and II, or who have completed the RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced system administrators who require certification for their job or by mandate (e.g., US Department of Defense Directive 8570).