This course features exhaustive hands-on training that focuses on configuring, installing, and managing vSphere 6, which includes ESXi 6 and vCenter Server 6. This training will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage a vSphere infrastructure. After completing this course, students will be able to employ vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage, and administer virtual machines, clones, templates, and snapshots.
This course is best suited for Systems Engineers, and System Administrators.
- Illustrate where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and employ vSphere Client
- Build and work with virtual machines
- Scan and remediate hosts
- Install and employ vSphere Web Client
- Modify standard switch properties
- Administer vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Illustrate the benefits of Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Discuss installation of vCenter Server Appliance and a vCenter Server instance
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification.